This year we had lots of firsts for Thanksgiving!
It was the first year we had it in Kennewick. While it's not the first year I've hosted (we've had my parents to Seattle before), it was the first year we had BOTH sets of grandparents to dinner. And as an added bonus, Uncle Dan came too! It was the first time my dad ever participated in fun run: the Turkey Trot! It was the first year that I know of that we did NOT have mashed potatoes. And it was alright! Haha! First time we used our silver we got from Granddad. It was Simba's first Thanksgiving. And, last but not least, it was the first year I've spent with a BROKEN bone...thus making it impossible for me to do any work.
Maddie and Papa polishing the silver. What a tedious job, but needed to be done. Thanks guys!
Simba was QUITE intrigued by the bird. Can't say I blame him. It was amazing!
Hammie was also happy to "help" Joe.
The mama's. Doing what they do best. There just isn't room in my kitchen for crutches.
Thanks moms!!!
Thanks moms!!!
The boys carving :) It was so much fun to have Dan with us!
Dinner is served!! And let me tell you, it was SSOOOOO good! The cooks outdid themselves!
What a better way to spend the post-triptophan binge than playing a little Mario Cart? I would also like to point out Maddie's outfit: a red Christmas shirt, aqua blue warm up pants, and black cowboy boots. ....She has her dad's sense of style.
Apparently, my dad wanted to PROVE that I was really on crutches. The walking boot is so hard to coordinate with my other shoes.
And since Joe's birthday was the Monday after Thanksgiving, I thought it'd be nice to have a little party for him. So instead of apple pie, I made a birthday cake. We sang, he opened presents, we ate. A good time was had by all.
I'm not gonna lie. It was a bit of an unorthodox Thanksgiving. I probably felt that way more than anyone else with a house full of guests and an inability to carry the most basic of items. But I think everyone had a good time and we sure loved having them :) Maybe we'll try it again sometime!
Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
1 comment:
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves:) It was great fun!
Post a Comment