Friday, March 11, 2011

Valentine's Day

Well, better late than never. Or as my mom says, "Better Slater than never." Oh mom :)

We aren't big V-day people around here. I'm much to practical for that sort of thing. ...My husband doesn't mind in the least. In fact, this year we went so far as to pick out cards right next to the other person. Nothin' says romance like, "Hey hon! What do you think of this card?"

However, the kids got to have Valentine's Day parties at school. I was so excited! I'd signed up to be in Maddie's class that day, so I could be there for all the hoopla. But, of course, I ended up being sick. So the teachers banned me. Darn it! It was a good thing they did though, I got hammered with the stuff for weeks. Anyway, I was able to come back a few minutes early and sneak some pictures :)

Maddie's class

Ben making a heart

Their little letter carriers. The teachers made them and the kids decorated them.

Maddie's teacher has a thing for frogs...and celebrations. She always goes all out!



Here they are before we left. They were so excited about their "loot" :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

The Valentine's Party festivities look so fun! Love, Grandma Katie