Thursday, August 26, 2010

The adventure continues....

I'm sure there is someone out in blog-land who is wondering what the heck happened to us and where I've been.

The quick answer? Hi there! We're still alive!

The month of August has been comprised of the following:

  • Moving into temporary housing
  • First day of a new job
  • Finding out the house we purchased wasn't worth the price.
  • Dealing with ridiculous sellers, and ultimately refusing to buy the house.
  • Finding a new, bigger, better house within a day of losing the other deal
  • Buying the new house!
  • The start of potty training Ben so that he can go to preschool in September
  • Meeting the kids' new teachers. I think Maddie is a little nervous (she's pretty shy in new places), but Ben is just plain excited!! I'm excited for them (and me ;)!
  • Finding out how good God is: New house is more expensive, but we were able to lock in a lower interest rate, so our payments aren't going up by much at all!!
  • Home inspection day - everything is great!
  • Going on vacation...with the kids, the grandparents, and the dog....to the Oregon Coast for 4 days. Good times, but long trip!
  • A weekend with the guys for Joe. I think he really needed some down time.
  • A weekend for us in Spokane. Loved seeing people!
  • Finding furniture for the new house! That was A LOT of fun!!
  • Bank appraisal coming through!!!! This is the biggest praise yet, as that was the reason for the other house falling through. Thank you, Lord!
  • Potty training complete! He figured it out within a week or so. Not one accident in two weeks now. Such a big boy!!
  • A new secret event, that I can't say until after this weekend. It's nothing too big, but I don't want to put it on here and jinx it. I'm sure you understand :)
There is SO much more I could tell you all! But that's the basic facts. It's been a very busy month at times. Daily life is a little slow for the kids and I. We don't really know anyone here, and I think we're getting a little sick of "together time." Haha! Daddy isn't getting home as early as he used to, so that is a huge change. But we are adjusting and everything is falling into place. I think we'll all be happy when we get into the house. This temporary housing thing is ....difficult. I miss my stuff!!! But we're all good, we're all healthy, and we're all excited for September and lots of changes :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

It sounds like things are going swimmingly! Can't wait to see you guys:) Love, Katie