Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas in Seattle

We opened our presents here before we left for Spokane. One year (I think when Ben was 5 months?) I had this CRAZY idea to take our presents with us and have them open all the presents on Christmas day. Very bad idea. Someone should've reminded me that grandparents have credit cards. Haha! Now we open them here and spread the gifts out a bit so it's not so overwhelming.

I got the look! The "Oh my gosh! I got exactly what I wanted!" look. It was a Tinkerbell watch. Maddie was thrilled.





Ben's a bit more subtle. He got a space rocket, and let me tell you, they play with that thing everyday. ....Joe plays with it too. It's awesome!

Maddie's preschool had the kids make a present for their parents. I have to say, this is one of the best presents I've ever gotten! Our first gift, made just for us, from our little girl :)

It was a Christmas ornament! It is currently encased in steel, in a locked box at the capital building behind armed guards. NOTHING will happen to this ornament as long as mama lives!!



I was surprised myself, but these Melissa and Doug puzzles I got them actually ended up being one of their favorite gifts. I was surprised even further to find out that Ben can actually put almost the whole 25 pieces together by himself!! He's getting to be such a big boy.

2 comments:

Robert Salnick said...

We have a host of ornaments like that from Adam and Erica - they proudly grace the tree every year!

Mocha Momma said...

Oh yes, I cherish those ornaments and things the kids made over the years.

You're making me want to go look at old stuff now. Nan's post was about things her boys made.

Those are so special,
Nannette