Thursday, May 7, 2009

Cousin Love

This weekend we were in Spokane for a quick visit. When we're there we ALWAYS stop to see my cousin, Stephanie. As I've said many times before, she is more like my sister than a cousin. Steph has two boys, Taylor (12) and Jake (5 1/2). Before I had kids, I thought of these two as my adopted kids (still do :). They are so sweet, and SO good with my kids. It's so special to see how Steph and I are close and our kids are becoming close as well!!




It was a nice day out, so the kids were able to play in the front yard (a definite luxury for us). They "played" football...mainly it meant chasing Taylor and tackling him for the ball. But that's part of football, right?!

Here's Maddie trying to get the football. You can see what a terrible time she's having ;)




After their game, Tay brought out his skateboard. The kids thought he was leaving and they got upset! So instead, he found this neat way to let them play too!!



Time sure flies. I remember the day Taylor was born. My dad and I went to the hospital to meet him (I was 15?) and he opened his eyes and just stared at me. I knew then we'd have a special relationship! Over the years we've had lots and lots of fun together, though he's old enough now he probably doesn't remember (or at least, wouldn't admit it!). Unfortunately, I was already married and in California by the time Jake came along. So I haven't gotten to hang with him as much as Taylor. But he is such a sweetheart and SO wonderful with my kiddos. We all love them very very much and are so proud of these boys :)

No comments: